Friday, May 13, 2011

Josh Reichman's Interview With Houston Rockets Star Kevin Martin

(Photo by Bill Baptist/NBAE via Getty Images)
Kevin Martin dribbling past Joe Johnson during a game on April 3rd.
Martin had 35 points in this game, and helped try to keep the Rockets in playoff contention.

First off, I would just like to thank Kevin, and his assistant Shannon for making this all happen. Without them courteously responding to my messages, this interview wouldn't have happened.


Many of you know who Kevin Martin is, but just incase you don't, here are some stats. Currently, Kevin is playing in the NBA for the Houston Rockets. Before Houston he played on the Sacramento Kings for seven seasons. He graduated from Western Carolina University, and was a first round pick in the 2004 NBA Draft.


Kevin has averaged over 20 points per game, five times in his career, and has a lifetime average of 18.5 points per game. Martin is known for his quick defense, great shooting, driving, and being able to get to the free throw line where he shoots 86%, and this year was top 10 in the NBA.


Kevin has also been a great person on and off the court. He has a feature on his website, kmart12.com, that shows how he gives back to the community.


Anyways, onto the interview. My questions will be JR while his responses will be KM!


JR: Growing up, who was your favorite player in the NBA?
KM: Michael Jordan.

JR: What has been your greatest accomplishment so far in your NBA career?
KM: Being where I am today after where I started and what people expected me to do when I got drafted.

JR:Who gave you the nickname K-Mart, when did it start up?
KM: It just started among my high school coaching staff and players.

JR: How did it feel playing for the Rockets after a long tenure with the Kings?
KM: It was bittersweet because I knew I was going to a better team but Sac (Sacramento) was my first home in my professional career and taught me a lot in the business.

JR:What goals do you look to accomplish in the next seasons to come?
KM:  Just keep improving in every aspect of the game and don't get complacent.

I hope you enjoyed the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment