|(Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)|
Brandon Weeden helped lead the Oklahoma State Cowboys over the Texas A&M
Aggies Saturday, completing 47 passes and throwing for over 400 yards.
Top 3 Performances by Player or Team:
1.Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden- Weeden completed 47 passes on Saturday, helping his Cowboys defeat the Texas A&M Aggies in a close one. The Oklahoma State quarterback passed for 438 yards and threw two touchdowns.
2. Baylor QB Robert Griffin III- Griffin had another incredible game Saturday, adding to his heisman campaign. Griffin passed for 338 and five touchdowns, while he ran for another 51 and ran another touchdown in. Griffin has led the Bears to a 3-0 record this season, and has thrown more touchdown passes than incomplete passes.
3. Oregon RB LaMichael James- James had a record night at Arizona, rushing for 288 yards and two touchdowns. James and the Ducks defeated the Wildcats 56-31 and are 3-1.
Top 3 Disappointments by Player or Team:
1. The Big 12 Conference- The conference formerly known as the Big 12 is losing members by the week, and amid all this chaos, Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe has resigned. Rumors are that the Big 12 powerhouses, Texas, and Oklahoma are moving to the Pac 12. This conference used to be one of the strongest in the country, and now they are close to not existing anymore.
2. Florida State Seminoles- The Seminoles are on a two game losing streak after losing to Oklahoma and Clemson. Also, quarterback EJ Manuel is injured which hurts their chances of winning. The Seminoles play in the ACC and will need to win out if they want to make a BCS bowl game.
3. USC Trojans- The Trojans finally returned to the Top 25 this week, just to lose to Arizona State. Matt Barkley had a bad week throwing for two interceptions and only one touchdown. USC won't be playing in any bowl this season, so the regular season should be their time to shine.
Game of the Week: (7) Oklahoma State vs. (8) Texas A&M
In this week's "Game of the Week", The Oklahoma State Cowboys defeated the Texas A&M Aggies 30-29. Early in the game the Aggiest jumped out to a 10-3 lead, and ended up finishing the first half 20-3 in their advantage. Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden led the Cowboys back in the second half and Oklahoma State led after the third quarter 24-20, scoring 21 unanswered points. The fourth quarter started off with two field goals by the Cowboys to give them a 30-20 lead. The Aggies would score on a touchdown, and eventually force a safety out of Oklahoma State but it would be too late. The Cowboys had a great game offensively, having two receivers with over 10 receptions and 100 receiving. Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill played well for the most part, but his three interceptions hurt the Aggies late in the game. The Cowboys defeated the Aggiest 30-28.
Next Week's Five Intriguing Matchups:
1. (7) Wisconsin vs. (8) Nebraska- This game will be a historic game for both teams. It is Nebraska's first conference game in the Big 10, and it is also Russell Wilson's first big test as the new quarterback of the Wisconsin Badgers.
2. (3) Alabama vs. (12) Florida- Florida plays Alabama and LSU in it's next two games and is looking to steal a win from one of the two. Although John Brantley hasn't looked sharp this season, the Gators will look to rely on running back Chris Rainey.
3. (10) South Carolina vs. Auburn- Will Auburn return to the Top 25 if they defeat the Gamecocks, or will Lattimore, Jeffrey, and Garcia lead South Carolina to another victory?
4. (11) Clemson vs. (13) Virginia Tech- Clemson is coming off of an upset victory over the Florida State Seminoles. CAn they continue their streak and knock of the Hokies?
5. (14) Texas A&M vs. (18) Arkansas- Both teams lost last weekend to Oklahoma State and Alabama respectively Which team will rebound this week and which team will fall again?