Tuesday, September 28, 2010
College Football Week 4
This week of college football was the last games for most teams while others already started to play conference matches
Every team in the Top 25 won besides 10. Arkansas who played 1. Alabama, 24. Oregon State, who played 3. Boise State, 12. South Carolina who was upset by 17. Auburn, and finally 22. West Virginia who lost to 15. LSU
Top 3 Performances by Team or Player:
1. Florida QB Trey Burton- Trey, a duel threat Quarter Back rushed for 6 touchdowns and then caught one from other QB John Brantley for a total of 6 on the day. This beat arguably the best college football player also from Florida, Tim Tebow's record.
2. Wisconsin RB James White- White, a freshman rushed for 4 Touchdowns and 145 Yards
3. Boise State Broncos- The Broncos proved to America again that they can keep up with the big boys. The Broncos just knocked off another ranked team, Oregon State. The Broncos showed great offense lead by Heisman Hopeful, Kellen Moore, and i think they could be playing in the National Championship game if Ohio State or Alabama falls.
Top 3 Disappointments by Team or Player
1. Michigan QB Denard Robinson- Robinson who shocked the country for the first 3 weeks of the season did lead michigan to a victory but hurt himself in doing so. This is not a disappointment because of his performance but because of his injury which might hurt his Heisman chances, playing in saturdays game, and for his team the Wolverines
2 South Carolina Gamecocks- Steve Spurrier's team looked like they could give the SEC a shake up but then showed they were just pretenders after their loss to 17. Auburn
3.Notre Dame Fighting Irish- Brian Kelly's first season with the Irish has been miserable after losing 3 games to teams like Stanford and Michigan. Sure they can beat the bad teams but its whether or not they can beat the ranked teams that matters especially because they are independent.
Game of the Week
1. Alabama vs 10. Arkansas:
In this game it was reigning Heisman Mark Ingram vs Heisman Hopeful Ryan Mallet. Ingram and Co. did get the better of Arkansas this game beating them in the finals minutes. Arkansas was up the majority of the game but the Tide rolled on to make a huge comeback in the 2nd half do to a bad game by Mallet. Mallet only threw 1 TD but had 3INT 2 coming in the 4th quarter on bad decisions. In the end Alabama survives another test on the road to Glendale for the BCS championship game
5. Things to look forward to this week
1. 1. Alabama vs 7. Florida
2. 4. Oregon vs 9. Stanford
3. 11. Wisconsin vs 24. Michigan State
4. 8. Oklahoma vs 21 Texas
5. 17 Iowa vs 22. Penn State